The Amber Grant
2022 – grants for women-owned businesses.
Business Success Kit
A resource for start-up or existing businesses in Cheboygan County.
Cheboygan Facade Grant Program
Encourages private investment through the rehabilitation and improvement of facades within the Cheboygan
Main Street DDA district.
Entrepreneurial Toolkit for the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance
An accessible step by step plan for emerging or developing enterprises in our local communities.
Main Street Design Guidelines
Helps strengthen the character of the built environment and enhance property values by improving the quality of development and by making downtown a more desirable place to work, live, and play.
Main Street Online Version 2.0 Tool
This new and improved tool provides even more resources and recommendations to help small businesses implement an effective online strategy.
An online learning portal that provides small businesses access to valuable resources to help them grow and thrive in today’s economy.
Michigan Economic Development Corporation
Markets Michigan as the place to do business, assists businesses in their growth strategies and fosters the growth of vibrant communities across the state.
- Match on Main is a reimbursement grant program that serves to support new or expanding place-based businesses by providing up to $25,000 in funding to support eligible activities.
- Applicants are local units of government, DDA, or other management districts located in certified Redevelopment Ready Communities® or Michigan Main Street Communities.
- The applicant will determine which business within their district is selected for inclusion in the final application for support. Applicants are responsible for dispersing funds to businesses.
- The maximum award to any individual applicant is $25,000 (enough to support only 1 eligible business). Applicants may submit no more than 2 applications per funding round.
Michigan Small Business Development Center
Offers expert assistance at no cost to entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a business.
Northern Lakes Economic Alliance
Providing resources for communities and entrepreneurs to create and retain jobs in Antrim, Charlevoix & Cheboygan Counties.
- Optimize Main Street is a pilot program pairing technical assistance & grant dollars to advance technology utilization for small businesses located within Michigan Main Street Communities.
- Optimize Main Street is open to Michigan Main Street Communities, who will select a maximum of five businesses to participate in the pilot program.
- The maximum award to any individual business is $2,500. Grant funds are awarded to businesses after the successful completion of technology technical assistance – provided by Northern Initiatives on behalf of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
Reopen Main Street
Strategies and ideas for businesses entering the COVID-19 recovery phase.
Small Business Administration
SBA works to ignite change and spark action so small businesses can confidently start, grow, expand, or recover.
State Historic Preservation Office
Dedicated to community development and placemaking in Michigan.