Main Street Committees
There are four Cheboygan Main Street committees working on projects focused on the redevelopment of Downtown Cheboygan.
Business Development Committee
This committee strives to recruit businesses and entrepreneurs to Cheboygan Main Street, while assisting in the growth and retention of current businesses.
Business Development Projects include:
- Business Recruitment
- Business Support Services (visitation program, Business Roundtable, workshops, business retention, business expansion)
- Develop a “Business Resource/Development Guide”
- Fill vacant spaces (business incubator, pop-up program)
- Welcome new businesses
- IMPACT report
Committee Chair: TBD
Meetings held the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 9:00am at the Chamber of Commerce.
This committee plans and coordinates Cheboygan Main Street DDA events.
- Downtown Thursday Nights Live
- July 4th – Celebrate with Us!
- Coast Guard Celebration
- Labor Day Weekend
- Scarecrow Stroll
- Ladies Night Out
- Home for the Holidays
Committee Chair: Christine Khan-King
This committee focuses efforts on communication, promotion, fundraising, and volunteer management.
Outreach Projects Include:
- Providing content for the “Cheboygan Main Street DDA” website
- Coordinating a weekly column in the “Cheboygan Daily Tribune” promoting the Main Street DDA efforts
- Develop fundraising plan
- Develop marketing plan
- Track volunteer hours
- Coordinate efforts with other Cheboygan Main Street committees
- Partner with other entities to implement various master plans
Committee Chair: Bobie Crongeyer
Meetings held the 4th Monday of the month at 6:00pm at the Cheboygan Area Public Library Children’s Garden.
This committee focuses on Design and Décor. This committee has two subcommittees.
Décor Projects Include:
- Downtown décor
- Flowers – planters
- Wayfinding Directional Signage, Info Kiosks
- Public Art (Partner with Art Vision Cheboygan)
Design Projects Include:
- Festival Square updates
- Waterfront redesign and Boardwalk
- Lighting – LED conversion
- History and Heritage Interpretive Signs
- Façade Grant Program
- Vibrancy Microgrant Program
- Downtown Cleanup events
- Infill development
- Redevelopment of vacant lots and buildings
- Residential development
- Improve Crosswalks
Committee Chair: Anna Sangster